How much bandwidth does uptime monitoring use?
This can be easily calculated for a given host:
1. Determine the bandwidth used for each sensor in use:
Check the size of the page you are monitoring, and add around 10%
Around 2.0 kB per test.
2. Add the bandwidth used for each sensor together to create a total.
3. Calculate the number of test cycles conducted each day:
= 1440 / (monitoring frequency in minutes)
4. Multiple the results of  and  to arrive at the total bandwidth used each day.
Not what you were looking for? Try a search:
Also in this topic:
- Step by step explanation of the Wormly test cycle
- Can I get a traceroute when a failure occurs?
- Does Wormly monitor my server from all locations simultaneously?
- Why am I receiving false alarms? Our server is working fine!
- How can the reported downtime be less than our monitoring frequency?
- Can I choose the locations you monitor from?