What does "Operation timed out after x with y bytes received" mean?
This error indicates that your web server failed to issue a complete response within the allowed time period.
If necessary, you can adjust the timeout period of your HTTP sensors.
Causes of this may include - but are not limited to:
- An overloaded web server
- Congested bandwidth resulting in slow transfers from your server
- A slow running web application
- Excessively large web page size
The error message also indicates how much data (in bytes) was transferred before the timeout period was reached.
A large number may indicate a lack of bandwidth - or a very large web page that couldn't be transferred in the allowed time.
A value of 0 may indicate a slow running or hung web application, which did not complete execution and hence failed to transmit any data at all.
Not what you were looking for? Try a search:
Also in this topic:
- Can I monitor the entire page, including images, CSS, Flash, etc?
- Can I perform an HTTP POST and monitor the results?
- Can I monitor a multiple page transaction (e.g. login)?
- Can I specify an username and password for a web page (HTTP Auth)?
- Can I verify that a specific phrase or text appears on my website?
- Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to [example.com]
- Can I monitor SSL certificate expiration?
- Can I monitor web servers behind a load balancer?
- What does "couldn't connect to host" mean?
- What does "name lookup timed out" mean?
- What does "empty reply from server" mean?